German exports to the world’s third biggest economy Japan stood at € 434.3 million in 2021 (-10 % compared to 2020), which is still significantly below the pre-pandemic level of about € 557 m. in 2019. However, the biggest export categories in 2021 were dairy products (€ 142.7 m., +15 % compared to 2020), processed fruits, vegetables, and potatoes (€ 24.7 m., -4 %), sweets and confectionary (€ 24.3 m., +8 %), wine (€ 22.7 m., +21 %), and bakery products (€ 12.3 m., +18 %).
The seminar is organised in close collaboration with Elfen Co., Ltd.
Presentations by speakers with years of experience will provide participants with expert knowledge about the current market situation and enable them to assess their potential market opportunities. The seminar is aimed at companies / export employees who are either newcomers to the Japanese market or those who want to update / deepen their existing knowledge.
GEFA service package
- Practical orientation: Speakers with years of experience and practical knowledge.
- Target market specific market data: Participants additionally receive current trade market data (source: GlobalData) and the export statistics (source: AMI) on the Japanese market.
- One-off cost contribution: Several company representatives can participate.
- Implementation in English: The seminar will be held in English.
- AHK consultancy services: For individual support on the Japanese market.
More information about the seminar is available here.